¡Here are some of those benefits you should know!
Balances pH and Mineral LevelsHimalayan salt stones contain 84 minerals and nutrients naturally occurring in our bodies. Absorbing them through the skin greatly benefits your well-being by replenishing and rebalancing mineral and pH levels.
- Rejuvenates and Exfoliates Skin. Speaking of your skin, which is the body’s largest organ, you’ll notice that exposure to Himalayan Salt leaves it feeling smooth and moisturized and even combats the signs of aging! That’s because the pure salt draws moisture to the surface of your skin through osmosis while also exfoliating it, giving it a healthy glow.
- Detoxifies the Body. While it’s a myth that massage therapy itself detoxifies the body, it’s a different story when Himalayan salt stones are added to the mix. Since Himalayan salt is naturally antimicrobial, it aids your body in eliminating harmful toxins during and after the massage session.
- Warm Relaxation. There are few things better than receiving a massage supplemented by warm, soothing salt stones as the temperature chills. You’ll be relaxed from head to toe as if your anxiety has melted away.
- Alleviates Respiratory Problems. The Lung Institute writes that Himalayan salt’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties are excellent at loosening and clearing excess mucus and decreasing IgE levels responsible for oversensitive immune responses. It makes it a perfect immune system supplement for the cold, winter months when people start coming down with illnesses like bronchitis and the common cold. It’s also why Himalayan Salt Panels have become commonplace in many homes and offices.
- Improves Sleep. Everyone is familiar with the awful health effects of a diet too high in sodium. Still, a regulated salt intake can improve your ability to fall and stay asleep. Since Himalayan salt is the purest type available, it’s a much healthier alternative to emptying a salt shaker onto your meals.
- Soothes Soreness. Himalayan salt’s high content of magnesium and other minerals makes it great at healing damaged muscles and fortifying bones. Combine that with regular massage therapy, which is already one of the best natural relief methods available, and it’s even more effective.
Remember that Himalayan Salt Stone Massage has nearly all of the benefits other modalities have and that the above are just bonuses. It’s no surprise that it’s become one of the most popular minerals!