Himalayan salt wall construction is an emerging trend in the interiors of spas and homes owned by lovers of all things holistic. These may be walls made entirely of illuminated Himalayan salt blocks or regular walls with panels of Himalayan salt bricks in them. Their calming hues and air-cleansing properties have made them increasingly popular as a part of or entire salt rooms, salt spas, or standard rooms in a house.
WHY HIMALAYAN SALT?
The use of Himalayan pink salt for constructing salt walls is one of the hottest wellness trends, thanks to the plethora of health benefits it has to offer. Because of the pure nature of this salt, without any additives or rigorous refining processes, it reaches you in its purest form after being extracted from its original reserves. This salt is exclusively found in nature as ancient sea deposits in the Salt Mines in Pakistan, near the foothills of the Himalayas.
The salt rooms made with Himalayan salt bricks are constructed in spas and wellness centers to provide halotherapy. Halotherapy, or salt therapy, is an ancient concept that has proven beneficial for various conditions, especially respiratory ailments. Illuminate Himalayan salt blocks could provide an effect similar to halotherapy and release negative ions that could potentially have multiple health benefits.
WHAT ARE NEGATIVE IONS?
Also known as "vitamins of the ai," negative ions are said to combat the harmful effects of positive ions (electronic smog) present in our surroundings due to electronic devices. These can also clear the air from dust, pollen, and dander and ward off allergies, symptoms of respiratory disorders, anxiety, and breathing difficulties.
Himalayan salt therapy works by releasing negative ions from illuminated Himalayan salt bricks. As moisture settles on the salt, the heat from illumination causes the moisture to be released into the atmosphere through negative ions.
BENEFITS OF HIMALAYAN SALT WALL
Now thatyou'vee been introduced to this miraculous salt, let's get to know the benefits of building a salt wall:
- Looks great! A Himalayan salt wall can add the'' wow" factor to your space
- It gives off calming light
- It contains 84 different trace minerals
- Can clear the impurities present in the air
- Could cure your headache
- Also great for breathing
Could be a great part of your spa room at home" "Want To Construct Salt Wall? Order Himalayan Salt Panels, Salt Blocks & Salt Bricks From SunValley Salt Sal"
BUILDING AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Let the Weather Decide the Location. When you decide to build a Himalayan salt wall, the first thing to ensure is that your area should be protected from rain, water, or humidity. Making a salt wall indoors is a good option, where your wall would be mostly preserved from moisture.
- Let Your Budget Decide the Design. Since Himalayan salt bricks are not cheap, you should be mindful of your budget when deciding the design of your wall. A panel of salt bricks on a regular wall would be more affordable than a wall made entirely of salt bricks.
- Backlight to Make the Most of It. Walls covered entirely of salt bricks can be backlit to provide a warm effect that could compliment your venue. However, you can spray conventional drywall with a salt texture and add smaller sections of salt bricks if you are on a budget.
CHOOSE THE METHOD OF SALT WALL INSTALLATION
There are two ways you can install your salt wall. The simplest way is the glue-free installation method by using a metal profile. If you want to install your wall as an independent structure or at an angle, this is the method you should go for. A separate fence can be unmounted or moved to a different place without much hassle. Another Himalayan Salt wall installation method is salt sputtering or gluing together Himalayan salt tiles or blocks.
The Glue-Free Method
This Himalayan salt wall installation method uses a metal profile that can be fixed.
At Sun Valley Salt, we have developed a patent-pending mounting system that makes the installation of our salt walls simple and more straightforward. Customize your salt panels with remote-controlled LED lighting to achieve the color of your choice.
The Salt Sputtering Method
This method is somewhat restricting since it doesn't allow any backlights and is unmountable. The use of glue is also not recommended since it could nullify the effect of Himalayan salt therapy by forming a coating over the salt. If, for some reason, you still want to use this method, here are some things you should know:
- Before you start applying your salt sputter or 'salt coat', you should mount a net that will help fix the coat.
- Secondly, you also need to prepare a mixture of Himalayan crystal salt.
- The use of glue mixtures is not recommended because it can cause harm to respiratory organs.
The Tile Method
You can also choose to glue Himalayan salt blocks or bricks together, but for that, you will need a special kind of glue. It is because Himalayan salt crystals can react with regular glue.
Usually, glue for Himalayan salt comes in powder form, which must be mixed with water according to the manufacturer's instructions. After the salt wall installation, you will need to wait for a specified time until the glue has dried before removing any excess to finish.
IT'S ALL YOURS!
Isn't it refreshing to have a Himalayan salt wall at your very own place, and even more so when you know you have done it yourself?
With salt rooms and salt spas being the latest trend, Himalayan salt therapy is gaining acceptance as a cure for symptoms of many health conditions. The Himalayan salt wall is a must-have with all the benefits being discussed and raved about.
Newer applications of this all-natural product are discovered every day. The possibilities are endless, from using it in cooking, skincare, healthcare, and beauty to entire salt caves functioning to accommodate anyone who needs to have a whole Himalayan salt therapy experience. Enjoy the freshness this DIY wall brings to your surroundings
Are you convinced enough to make yourself a Himalayan Salt Room containing a lot of health benefits and therapeutic properties? Sun Valley Salt offers premium quality Himalayan salt Panels, salt blocks, and salt bricks for interior design.